Monday, November 10, 2008

I want a Kindle

For those of you that watch Oprah and love to read as much as me, then you can relate to my very serious coveting of an Amazon Kindle. I was so enthralled watching the episode about it, that I was very nearly crying tears of joy. It is a true thing of beauty, and I honestly feel it was created expressly for ME. No more having to put books on hold and wonder if you'll get to read it this year or next, no more searching for the minute piece of paper you wrote that title and author's name on for that book your friend recommended. Pure Genius. So, as I was watching this spot of brilliance on tv, I turned to Cetera (she had come in the room wondering what had gotten her mother so agitated) and said, "Cetera, will you PLEASE buy me a Kindle?", with a big dumb grin on my face. She looked at me very seriously and said, "But mom, I don't have any bucks!" I cracked up and hugged her, and she said, "Mom, maybe you could give me some money and THEN I'll get it for you." She loves her mom. That made my whole day. :)

No comments: