Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day celebrating started with a little knock on my front door the day before. I figured it was Cetera, since she should have been getting off the bus at that time. I tried getting to the door quick, feeling bad that I didn't unlock the door for her. It wasn't locked, and she popped in the door wearing this:
It was a gigantic paper heart with this little poem on it. "There's a Valentine standing at your door. I'm one of a kind. You can't buy me at the store. I have something for you. That you won't want to miss. Just pucker up and give me a Great Big Kiss! Love, Cetera."
After I read it she gave me a big kiss and then sang me a Valentine song that she learned at school. This was one of those moments that make all the nagging and whining and demanding and messy hours through out the day totally and completely worth it. She was the cutest thing ever, especially because she wore this huge piece of paper home on the bus! She did it all over again for Spence when he got home and we got to do the face breaker smiles all over again.
A friend gave me a cute idea to do for the girls for Valentines. Spence and I made them wait upstairs, while we fixed them dinner (heart shaped pizza), and decorated their little table downstairs. We put on aprons and called them downstairs and then welcomed them to the "Sorensen restaurant". We sat them at the table and then we told them the 'specials' for the evening, and then took their orders. They were so giddy they could hardly talk, and kept clinking their wineglasses together and saying "Cheers". We put on their Hannah Montana music and would periodically 'check' on their table. (When they weren't running over to ours and hugging us.) We made them little salads and the pizza and olives (which were just finger decor), and afterward I gave them a bill for dinner. That seemed to be the best part of dinner for them (wish it was that way in real life). Afterwards we made sugar cookies together and made a grand mess. It was really really fun, and the girls both kept saying how much they loved it. They liked feeling like 'big people'. We were a little mollified on well they knew restaurant etiquette....they knew exactly what to do when we came to take their orders........

3 comments:

MuzlL0dr said...

That... is... AWESOME! I think you one-upped MY Valentine's Day efforts. Good job! Sounds like the day went super well. :)

Brandi said...

That's so adorable!

Hillary said...

You are the winner! I thought I had a good V-day idea for the family. I'm gonna steal and do that next year too.

Your special delivery valentine is super and you should keep her.