This year we got the 'I want to kill myself when the alarm clock goes off' schedule for school. I'm not sure who's grumpier, me or V in the morning. But we are coping, and it's actually been a good thing for us. Spence and I have needed a reason to go to bed at a decent hour for a long time.
Here's Miss Salt, looking sassy and spiffy at 7:25 a.m., ready for 1st grade. Did I mention that the first day of school was the day after her 6th birthday?
She lucked out this year with the bus. Since she's the only kid on our street who goes at that insane hour, and has the nicest bus driver in the world, he picks her up and drops her off right in front of the house. Her favorite things about first grade are:
1. Eating lunch in the cafeteria
2. Having TWO recesses
3. Going to school all day long.
She pretty much loves everything about school, and thinks her teacher is the coolest. I love her enthusiasm for everything and how independent she is. She's not scared of anything!

2 comments:
Your girls are absolutely beautiful! Love the cake you made. So cute!!
I hear ya on the early schedule. Our boys have to catch the bus at 7:05 so needless to say we end up taking them to school a lot. ha ha
She is adorable! I have to get my guy to preschool by 9 and I am struggling with that....I can't imagine any earlier!
Post a Comment