Veruca, or "Tera", as her lil sis likes to call her, is now 6. She made it. There were many days this past year I wasn't sure she would. But we both made it there, intact, and somewhat sane. She's now officially 6 going on 16.
To celebrate the occasion, we let V pick her celebratory venue. She chose bowling. Spence gave me that smirky smirk and I just had to suck it up and agree to go. I LUV bowling. But V was excited and delighted, and it was her big day!
The happy bowlers. Their teeny feet were just so darn cute in those shoes.
Scoping out the lane and trying to figure out how to lay down the bumpers. I especially needed it.
This was Violet's 1st time bowling. She got the second highest score.
Veruca got 3rd place. Dad of course was the winner, and we'll leave it at that.
We went home and had some partying. There were some presents.
And there was some cake. (Aunt Karlyn and Andrew came to admire the cake as well.)
It's supposed to be a castle. I spent a good deal of time making her cake, and yes, I did enjoy doing it! It's not the greatest, but we all thought it was fun. We had to split her name in half to get it on the cake, as I'm not so skilled at the licorice writing. She had a super duper birthday (her words). This year instead of her usual large bash, we did a 'family' party, and we appreciate all y'all who came. She felt loved and special (and grown up!). Happy Bday C!

3 comments:
Your girls are so cute and getting so big! One already in school all day! Give me a call and we'll go do something.
That cake is stupendous and super dooper too.
What fun that I got to see you and your chillies a bunch this summer. Next year we well start sooner.
Looks like a wonderful day. I love the cake! I know I am new to your blog but I gave you an award on mine today. Feel free to check it out :)
Post a Comment