We took the girls ice skating a couple times after Christmas.This was our first try, on Uncle Jared's bday. It was a scary type of fun--you know, after watching Jared's friend split her chin open, and seeing a few other kids bleeding and and crying--you start wondering what's going to happen to YOU. But they had these great little 'skate aids' for the kids, which look like mini-walkers, and help them keep their balance. Fortunately for me, we had two kids that needed help, so I benefitted from the mini geriatric assistance, but all under the guise of helping my little one.
Here they are....ready to bust out some teeth on the ice!
Modeling their walkers!
We only got one skate aid in the beginning so Spencer (the more proficient of us two) helped propel Cetera around the rink.
Karlyn, Bryce, me and the Weeze with her walker. She tried so hard to keep her little feet under her while I pushed. When she'd lose her balance, she'd just hold on for dear life and let her legs drag behind, laughing the whole time.
Taking a break with Dad.
Cetera finally snagged her own walker and she zipped off. She just loved it!
We were lucky and had no broken teeth, noses, or chins that day. The girls had so much fun, and couldn't wait to go again. Spence, master rollerblader, looked pretty hot out there skating. :) I did pretty ok, thanks to Bryce's assistance! In fact, I didn't even biff it until my husband skated up beside me (all fast and looking swell) and took my hand. I grinned up at him, relaxed a bit, and went splat on the ice. :) But, thankfully, only fun was had that day, and no stitches or bandaids. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment