Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spencer and I's Valentines

So, I wrote what we did with the girls.....but I was going to share what we ended up doing too. I am writing this so Spence gets some public props on his efforts since he needs a little 'digging out' , eh Spence? :)
Spence was thinking ahead and made reservations on Vday (we NEVER EVER go out to eat that day because trying to compete with all the couples in Utah valley is utter ridiculous-ness, as you know), but since they took res's, we thought we had it made. So we rushed to the restaurant, which Spence has assured me is fantastic. Our res's were at 4, which we told the hostess when we came in. We waited and waited.....and watched the half empty restaurant 'prepare' for their special Vday menu and entertainment......and waited some more. Finally we inquired what the heck was going on, and they sat us (go figure), and gave us their new improvised menu. You know how stores will tell you there's a big sale and then they just jack up their prices to compensate? Yeah, that's what the 'special menu' was. We decided we didn't want to spend $80 on dinner, so we left (we watched 2 other couples leave so we weren't the only cheapies). If anyone wants the name of the restaurant, I will share. I wouldn't want to publicly defame them. Ha ha.
So we went to Zupa's. Far and away better. They have THE best blueberry/maple something or other salad in the world. You must try it. Then we went to the mall after (Does my husband know me or what!), and I got new shoes. Now that's my idea of a date! So, super fantastic idea honey buns. There's no one I'd rather spend such a mushy holiday with. MUAH!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Where is the picture of your new shoes. See what is important to me?

Way to go Spenceh.

Jaime said...

Now I want to know what restaurant it was.... :)

Shaunell said...

Jaime, Gloria's little Italy in Provo. Evidently they have really good food. I wouldn't know...because I took a vow to never eat there....but my husband reniged..he's already gone back...like a dog to his....