Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hiking to the tippy top Timp Caves

Here's Violet and Veruca climbing on whatever was available on that super skinny little trail. I wasn't worried about them tumbling off the steep scary cliff when they'd run off and start hiking up tree roots. Nope.
Happy to be starting on the trail, FINALLY. We got up there at 8 a.m., but since we chose to go on the 24th of July, there was a 3 hour wait. Oh well, Wingers had some yummy breakfast.
Some more places to climb. Some more gray hairs for mom.
See that picture by Spence? That's what I was waiting for my children to do. They fall over just standing there. Cetera falls off her chair just eating dinner. I had zero expectations that they would make it there alive.
So they did make it there alive. And then we saw some cool stuff. The caves were nice and chilly inside too. That was the whole reason I hiked up there in 95 degree weather. To be chilly.
Some cool stuff.
The heart of the cave.
I really did like the caves. I took pictures of just about everything. The girls liked the dog and the dinosaur formations, and I liked the iron in the rock that glowed green. It was a really fun outing with the chilaylays. They even did really well on the hike, despite the heat, and were only whiny once we got to the car. :) But by then I didn't care anymore, cuz there was a/c.  Spence did pretty good too, and was only whiny once or twice. :)

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Hey Ruby falls off her chair at dinner almost every dang night. I should not take her to Timp cave.

I love you, you're so funny.

the Nielsen's said...

Shaunie, I check on you and your family on your blog. Glad to see you are keeping it up to date. Your girls are so darling. Is Cetera excited to go back to school. We are doing great. Love you girl.