"Plant a garden!" the prophets say.......so we try to be diligent in our efforts to do what we should. We hoed and raked and planted many seeds, and weeded and watered. Luckily for us, that packet of seeds marked 'Squash' really turned out to be Zucchini! So, along with the other packet of seeds marked as zucchini, we ended up with 6 Z plants this summer.
This is the product of one foray out into the garden. We have super extra hugundous, super large, large, medium, NORMAL, and itty bitty. This is what we'd get in one week's time. Somehow we would always end up with these megaton Z's. They liked to hide.
After filling my freezer full of oh, about 80 cups, of shredded zucchini, and after pawning it off on my neighbors until they said 'please no more!', we had to get creative. (And yes, we should have taken some to the local food bank....I know. The guilt still consumes me.) Here's a few samplings of our zucchini fun:
Weeze helping me make zucchini brownies. These actually are super yummy-when you coat them with a nice tall layer of frosting.
This is when she said, "Will you help me get this junk off the spoon?"
Aislyn would also help herself to a raw zucchini or two, y'know, when apples weren't readily available to snack on.
Even Spencie joined in the fun. Sure beats those peanut butter jars, eh, hon?
Next year we are only planting ONE zucchini plant. That is, if my freezer supply has run out by then.

4 comments:
Thank you Love! That is one amazing picture of me. One I should be very proud of. I mean seriously, look at my amazing hair!
I am highly impressed. too bad I don't live closer I love zuc's. good job in being diligent
This made me smile. ;) I miss the days of you and all the other neighbors trying to pawn their left-over of zucchini and squash off to us. Glad your garden was a success! Next summer I'll be asking for tips from you, so be ready.
Ok- that is the absolute BEST pic of Spence!! Made me laugh aloud!
Post a Comment