Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Aislyn Noelle on her 4th Birthday


I want to help you grow as beautiful as God meant you to be when he thought of you first.

- George MacDonald
 
I hate how your face crumples when you are hurt.
I hate when you are away from me too long.
I hate that you are growing up way too fast.
I hate when I am upset with you.
I hate when you are upset with me.
I hate when you are sick.

I love how you ask for snacks at least 12 times a day.
I love how you whisper in my ear, "Mom, I don't hate you".
I love how you sing to yourself in the bathroom.
I love how you ask me to give you 14 of everything: snuggles, candy, kisses.
I love how the only thing you ever want to eat is Mac and Cheese.
I love how quietly you sit with me.
I love your beautiful hair and your little nose.
I love your sweet personality.
I love your hugs, they are the best in the world.
I love how good you are to your big sister.
I love your sad lip.

   
I love you my squeezie. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sweet sweet sweet! We love little Aislyn and my girls miss her. And Cetera too, of course. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!